Apron Feeder Pans
Unique solutions to extend life and improve plant availability
The simplicity of apron feeders often leads to the perception that very little improvement can be obtained, but nothing could be further from the truth. Makuri have developed a number of innovations that extend life by modelling the way material discharges from the feeder and then producing designs that almost eliminate the main source of apron feeder pan wear.
For severe wear applications, we are also able to manufacture composite pans that protect bolt heads and high wear areas to allow the full life of the pans to be achieved without having to shutdown to change bolts & re-install loose pans.
- Pans are typically bought on price and not performance
- Pans are typically run to failure and not ordered in time
- Worn pans / low friction designs causes ore slippage and hysteresis in the feeder speed mill control loop
- Pan life that does not correspond to major shutdown intervals
- If pans are not replaced as a complete set, life forecasting and shutdown scheduling are negatively impacted
- Difficult to monitor condition and predict remaining life
- Poor pan profile leads to high abrasive wear during material discharge
- Fine/sticky material flowing between pans on discgarge can damage drive components and jam the feeder
Makuri Technology have tailored a comprehensive range of product solutions to resolve these issues. Please contact us to find out how these can benefit your company.
Our news items are regularly updated, so check back often
October 06th, 2020
Makuri leads in optimising process front end performance
May 15th, 2020
Makuri MAK-Hard crusher liners exceed OEM life by 54%
Makuri was recently approached by a large site to assist with ongoing issues with liner breakage and suboptimal pebble crushing performance. They had experienced ...
April 12th, 2020
Makuri Subsidiary MNE Provides Food Aid In Bali
Makuri’s subsidiary, PT Multinational Equipment (MNE) has been working with local communities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This has caused severe economic hardship within local communities due to low tourist numbers this year, leaving many with no source of income.
Get in Touch
Contact Makuri to discuss how we can help you
Thank you for your interest in the MAK-Bloks Selection and Installation Handbook.
Please enter your details below and we will email you a download link.