SAG Mill Feed Chutes
The SAG mill is often the most critical part of any process plant. Don’t risk losing availability by ignoring the feed chute.
The SAG mill is the ‘cash register’ of most mining operations & if it isn’t turning, you’re not making money. Despite the critical nature of this part of the plant, the chute that feeds it is often neglected. Makuri is one of the few suppliers worldwide that focuses on SAG mill feed chute design and is able to optimise these by modelling wear, particle and fluid flows using a range of advanced techniques.
In addition, we have developed a number of solutions to facilitate maintenance to ensure that when maintenance needs to be done, the mill is back up and running with a minimum amount of fuss.
- The effects of high velocity water addition into the ore path and the resultant turbulent ﬂow cause wear paths that can rapidly and unpredictably wear out the chute.
- Liner change intervals that don’t match mill shutdown intervals
- Blockages & material hold-ups
- Localised wear on a few liners only
- Long & cumbersome liner change process
- High wear rates result in thick liner materials reducing open area and increasing the risk of blockage
- These issues in SAG mill feed chutes are responsible for significant unplanned downtime and lost production.
Makuri Technology have tailored a comprehensive range of product solutions to resolve these issues. Please contact us to find out how these can benefit your company.
Our news items are regularly updated, so check back often
October 06th, 2020
Makuri leads in optimising process front end performance
May 15th, 2020
Makuri MAK-Hard crusher liners exceed OEM life by 54%
Makuri was recently approached by a large site to assist with ongoing issues with liner breakage and suboptimal pebble crushing performance. They had experienced ...
April 12th, 2020
Makuri Subsidiary MNE Provides Food Aid In Bali
Makuri’s subsidiary, PT Multinational Equipment (MNE) has been working with local communities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This has caused severe economic hardship within local communities due to low tourist numbers this year, leaving many with no source of income.
Get in Touch
Contact Makuri to discuss how we can help you
Thank you for your interest in the MAK-Bloks Selection and Installation Handbook.
Please enter your details below and we will email you a download link.