MAK-Edge protectors are a low weight alternative to traditional heel shrouds on excavator buckets.
The stepped backing plates allow for the blocks to clear overlapping plates on bucket corners. They are generally less than half of the weight of many heel shrouds and can often outlast them by 3-4x. The mild steel backing drastically improves the toughness of the components, while the plug-welded connections improves fastening strength.
This flexibility also allows MAK-Edge protectors to be utilised in areas where standard blocks won’t fit due to overlapping plates or other obstructions.
Available in standard, heavy and light configurations, with customised designs available on request.
- A universal Heel Shroud replacement system.
- Comes in Standard weight design, special Heavy weight design and special Light weight design.
- Fits all major bucket edge construction types.
- Fits both flat and radiused outer bucket profiles.
- Typically used in buckets over 20m3 in all hard rock application both save weight and increase life over common heel shrouds.
- Comes in 6 types to allow profile fitment to all bucket edge shapes and flat and radiused back areas.
- Can be used in conjunction with standard sizes to match lower and higher wear zones on bucket outers.
- These are typically used in larger buckets where low digging friction is required and low profile safe strong edge protection is still required.
- Suitable for use in high viscosity and abrasive coal seam over burden removal applications and free digging bauxite mining.
- Heavy bucket components such as heel shrouds reduce carrying capacity
- High wear on conventional protection systems
Makuri Technology have tailored a comprehensive range of product solutions to resolve these issues. Please contact us to find out how these can benefit your company.
Our news items are regularly updated, so check back often
October 06th, 2020
Makuri leads in optimising process front end performance
May 15th, 2020
Makuri MAK-Hard crusher liners exceed OEM life by 54%
Makuri was recently approached by a large site to assist with ongoing issues with liner breakage and suboptimal pebble crushing performance. They had experienced ...
April 12th, 2020
Makuri Subsidiary MNE Provides Food Aid In Bali
Makuri’s subsidiary, PT Multinational Equipment (MNE) has been working with local communities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This has caused severe economic hardship within local communities due to low tourist numbers this year, leaving many with no source of income.
Get in Touch
Contact Makuri to discuss how we can help you
Thank you for your interest in the MAK-Bloks Selection and Installation Handbook.
Please enter your details below and we will email you a download link.